California State University LB
Located three miles from the Pacific Ocean, California State University, Long Beach is a community within itself, boasting a student population of more than 38,000 and its own zip code. The urban campus spreads across 322 acres and has 84 buildings, 63 academic departments and programs, 24 centers, four institutes, and four clinics.
For new students, some of the departments will be unknown territory. Other departments and programs will turn out to be considerably different from first expectations or previous experiences with high school subjects of the same or similar names. For students who have started to focus their academic interests, exploration of the departments and programs beyond the first contact area will often prove to be a valuable part of the process of choosing an academic major.
for International Students
- Students should apply in early April for the Fall semester and early November for the Spring semester. Applications are considered complete when payment is made, and considered in the order of completed application.
- CSULB’s University Housing has 3 residential colleges: Beachside, Hillside & Parkside. When applying for on-campus housing, you get to choose your preferred community to live in.
- All rooms are approximately 15 x 11 feet and furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, chair, wastebasket, closet & mirror, and a microfridge. Residents must provide their own Bed Sets (blankets, sheets [twin extra long], pillowcases, bedspreads, towels, & study lamps).
- You can have your purchase sent directly to Amazon@theBeach, which is on the CSULB campus. Packages received are held for 15 days. After 15 days the package will be returned.
- For more information of on-campus housing (fees, meals, amenities, communities) and to apply, visit CSULB Housing and Residential Life website.
Long Beach is a large city with a population of 492,000, located in Southern California, USA. It is situated in Los Angeles County, 20 miles (32K) south of downtown Los Angeles and 105 miles (169k) north of San Diego. Long Beach uniquely blends the character of a sophisticated urban area with the charm of a seaside community.
Long Beach is so close to every terrain and climate that in one day, you could surf in the morning, snow ski in the afternoon, and come home and see a movie at night. Every famous Southern California landmark, attraction, and destination is easily within a two-hour drive from the city.
Get more information on studying at California State University LB. Find out more about our application process and answers to general information about our programs and procedures.