The University of West London (UWL) is a public university in the United Kingdom which has campuses in Ealing and Brentford in London, as well as in Reading in Berkshire.

The university has roots back to 1860, when the Lady Byron School was founded, which later became Ealing College of Higher Education. In 1990, Ealing College of Higher Education, Thames Valley College of Higher Education, Queen Charlotte’s College of Health Care Studies and the London College of Music merged to form the Polytechnic of West London. In 1992, the Polytechnic of West London became a university and adopted the name Thames Valley University. In 2004, Thames Valley merged with Reading College and School of Arts and Design. A former campus in Slough was closed in 2010.

In August 2010, the university announced that it had been granted permission to change its name to the University of West London, to reflect a focusing of operations onto its Ealing and Brentford campuses. The new name was formally adopted on Wednesday 6 April 2011.

Academic Schools

  • London school of film, media and design.
  • The Claude Littner Business School.
  • School of Computing and Engineering.
  • London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism.
  • School of Law and Criminology.
  • London College of Music.
  • College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare.
  • School of Human and Social Sciences.
  • Academy for Professional Skills

English Language Requirements

  • Foundation course: an overall minimum score of IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
  • Undergraduate courses: an overall minimum score of IELTS 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
  • Postgraduate courses: an overall minimum score of IELTS 6.5, with a minimum of 5.5 in all areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
  • Some degree courses may require higher IELTS scores, please refer to the university website course pages for details.
  • If students have not met the minimum English language requirements, they may be eligible for one of the university’s pre-sessional English language courses subject to having satisfied UKVI (UK Visa & Immigration) regulations.

Accommodation for International Students

  • The university offers self-catered on-campus accommodation in single en-suite bedrooms (which include toilet and shower facilities), with access to a communal kitchen in the shared flat.
  • There are a further 29 studio apartments on site that include a larger private area with integrated kitchen facilities and wheelchair accessibility.
  • There is a student common room, laundry and bike storage at the accommodation site. All rooms have broadband Internet.
  • Rent includes all bills (electricity, gas, water and broadband).
  • Please refer to the university website for details.