University of Kent
From a university started with some 500 students and 150 staff on a greenfield (and rather muddy) site, the University of Kent has grown today into an institution of over 19,000 students and over 3,000 staff. Consistent top 20 positions in major league tables and two Queen’s Anniversary Prizes reinforce its enviable reputation for the quality and distinctiveness of its academic activities and locations. With campuses at Canterbury and Medway and centers in Brussels, Paris, Athens, and Rome, Kent is “the UK’s European university”.
The University is a forward-thinking research institution, committed to the transformative power of education and research and to the development and support of our students and staff. The University is one of the country’s leading academic institutions producing world-class research, rated internationally excellent, and leading the way in many fields of study.
for International Students
- If students apply before the specified deadline and meet all of the eligibility criteria, they will be offered a room.
- The university has over 5,400 bedrooms at Canterbury and 1,100 study bedrooms in Medway, with 85% offering self-catering accommodation and 60% of rooms en-suite.
- The Undergraduate accommodation has a range of accommodation options to suit you. Whether you want to cook for yourself or have meals included, live in a flat with an en-suite bathroom or a house with shared facilities. Even with a self-catered option, you can still add on a catering package.
- The University sends offers of accommodation once all conditions have been met and unconditional places have been confirmed.
- You will need to show your accommodation arrival pass to Campus Security officers before you will be allowed into your accommodation.
- Once you have been allocated a room an email will be sent to your preferred email address supplied on your application.
Living in the
Universit of Kent
Canterbury has a bustling, cosmopolitan atmosphere along with the convenience of being a small town, making it popular with students. The Kent Downs to the south and the coastline to the east make for very attractive surroundings.
Kent’s Medway campus is a bustling area with lots of things to see and do; there are outstanding sports facilities and exciting arts programmes, with students eligible for concessions at many of Medway Council’s leisure centers, entertainment venues, and attractions.
Get more information on studying at the University of Kent. Find out more about our application process and answers to general information about our programs and procedures.