University of East Anglia
The University of East Anglia (abbreviated as UEA) is a public research university in Norwich, England. Established in 1963 on a 320 acres (130 hectares) campus west of the city centre, the university has four faculties and 26 schools of study. The UAE’s stunning and vibrant Norwich campus is home to a global community pursuing personal and professional success, coming together from different fields to learn, innovate, collaborate and help create a better future.
With a founding ethos of interdisciplinarity and a strong sense of community, the UEA has established an international reputation with their Norwich campus providing high quality academic, social and cultural facilities for undergraduate and postgraduate students from around the world.
for International Students
- All international students have the option to apply for accommodation at the university and in the centre of Norwich. Subject to eligibility criteria, all first year international students new to UEA are usually guaranteed accommodation as a single student in university residences.
- The university offers a variety of accommodation options and prices to suit different budgets.
- Around 4,000 student rooms are available, including a small number of two-bedroom units for students with families. All rooms are self-catering, with free Internet access included in the price. All residences on campus are no more than a few minutes’ walk from each other, while residences based in Norwich are within cycling distance.
- All students are required to sign an accommodation contract for a minimum of 38 weeks; students do not have to move out of their accomodation during vacations.
- Please refer to the university website for further information.
Living in Norwich
In medieval times Norwich was one of the greatest cities in England, and today is the regional administrative centre and county town of Norfolk.
An ancient walled city, Norwich includes 32 medieval churches, a cathedral and a Norman castle. Norwich is a safe place to live with hundreds of student-friendly pubs, clubs, restaurants, cafes and bars.
Get more information on studying at the University of East Anglia. Find out more about our application process and answers to general information about our programs and procedures.