Kingston University London is an open research college situated in Kingston upon Thames, London, United Kingdom. It was established in 1899, and turned into a college in 1992 in the wake of being Kingston Polytechnic. The four grounds are situated in Kingston and Roehampton. There is an extensive variety of undergrad and postgraduate work spread crosswise over five resources, and some further training arrangements.
- Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health and Social Care and Education
- Faculty of Science, Engineering and Computing
English Language Requirements
- Most degree courses at Kingston University require a minimum Academic IELTS of 6.0-6.5 (with no element lower than 5.5).
- Although IELTS is preferred, the university does accept a variety of other English language qualifications, including TOEFL iBT and the Pearson Test of English Academic.
Accommodation for International Students
- Kingston University has a range of high-quality halls of residence which suit a wide range of budgets. Kingston is a split-campus university, with halls located within close proximity of or on the study sites. University accommodation is self-catering, with free Internet access.
- For students who wish to live independently in a flat or a house, there is a strong private rental sector in Kingston and the surrounding areas, with a good range of properties available.
- The university’s Accommodation Service offers a free and friendly service to help students find accommodation, including a student-to-student notice board to help find flatmates, a property vacancy list and a list of local letting agents, as well as help and advice with housing issues.
- All international students who apply for halls accommodation before the relevant date are guaranteed an offer of accommodation in their first year of study, providing they meet the eligibility criteria.
- International students are allocated flats evenly across the university’s accommodation, and mixed regardless of course, gender and nationality.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
Kingston University is based in Kingston upon Thames, a busy riverside town on the borders of London and Surrey and right next to the River Thames.
Students can take a break from their studies to enjoy shopping, clubbing, eating, running, rowing and sightseeing; and with central London just a 25-minute train ride away, students can take advantage of all it offers, from arts and culture to job and career opportunities.