Why study at Nankai University
Nankai is a key multidisciplinary university with a complete curriculum that includes the humanities, natural sciences, technology, life sciences, medical sciences and the arts. Founded in 1919, Nankai University is one of China’s most prestigious and is a member of the 985 and 211 groups of universities. With approximately 24,000 students, (and almost 3,000 international students) you will have the opportunity to live and learn on the university campus, where you will benefit from a range of cultural and social activities organised by our student services team.
Schools and Colleges
- Business School
- College of Chemistry
- College of Chinese Language and Culture
- College of Computer and Control Engineering
- College of Economic and Social Development
- College of Electronic Information and Optical Engineering
- College of Environmental Science and Engineering
- College of Foreign Languages
- College of History
- College of Ideological and Cultural Education
- College of Software
- College of Tourism and Service Management
- College of Life Sciences
- Institute of Finance and Development
- Institute of Japan Studies
- School of Economics
- School of Law
- School of Literature
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Philosophy
- School of Physics
- TEDA College
- TEDA Institute of Applied Physics
- TEDA Biotechnology School
- Zhou Enlai School of Government Administration
Tianjin is just 30 minutes by high speed train from Beijing and is China’s sixth largest city, with 16% annual economic growth – the fastest for any region in the country. Home to more foreign businesses than Shanghai, Tianjin also boasts the only Airbus manufacturing plant outside Europe. 285 Fortune 500 companies have a presence here – including LG, Samsung, Toyota and Coca-Cola.
Tianjin has a higher GDP per capita than both Beijing and Shanghai and five-star hotels are opening on a monthly basis and recent additions include the Ritz-Carlton and Banyan Tree. Tianjin also hosts a number of international festivals, including the annual dragon boat festival and the international beer festival.
The international airport has flights to Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul and major Chinese cities.
Nankai University has apartments dedicated for International student use. International Student Dormitory offers double room and single room. All Rooms are equipped with bed, desk and chair, wardrobe, TV, telephone, air conditioner, heater, private bathroom, 24hours hot water, Internet etc. Public Laundry, ATM and a snack shop are also available inside the dormitory building. Dorm offers Photocopy and fax services on a fee basis. There are several restaurants located nearby. Room service are provided regularly.
Dormitory buildings are as follows:
- Balitai Campus: Yiyuan Building 4, Yiyuan Building 2, Jingyuan
- Jinan Campus: International Student Dormitory Building A, C, D,