Why Study at Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University is a world-class university, globally recognized for its research strengths and innovations in teaching. Here’s why international students from over 70 countries choose to study at Western Sydney University every year. Western Sydney University equips their graduates for more than a career. They are unlocking the potential of the next generation of global citizens, leader and change-makers.
Western Sydney University provides you with an opportunity to experience the Australian way of life while contributing to your degree.
- School of Business
- School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Social Sciences and Psychology
- School of Science and Health
- Graduate Research School
Western Sydney University offers a wide range of on-campus accommodation, providing you with high quality, affordable accommodation that gives a rich and balanced living and learning environment. All of their villages are self-catered and fully furnished with a great range of accommodation options and 24 hour support on Bankstown, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Nirimba, Parramatta and Penrith campuses. No matter which campus you choose, you’ll find an exciting community of residents with plenty of events to help you live, learn and grow!
There’s a place to stay across all six campuses.
- Bankstown: The city of Bankstown is smack in the middle of Sydney’s popular surrounding suburbs, geographically perfect for work opportunities and exploring the whole of Sydney. With many nearby leisure centres, shopping and restaurants, the village is a vibrant and buzzing location to carry out your studies!
- Campbelltown: Sitting South West of Sydney, Campbelltown is great for travelling to the South Coast for visiting prominent local attractions and national parks. The Village is easily accessible with excellent proximity to the train line and major shopping centre, putting everything you need right at your doorstep for an easy on-campus experience!
- Hawkesbury: With more than 70 percent of the area being national parks, Hawkesbury is a haven for adventure and nature lovers, as well as for art and history lovers alike. The Village is known for its homey rural charm with its excellent outdoor space and also features a pool with poolside lounge, perfect for those hot sunny days!
- Nirimba: The Nirimba campus features a well-resourced library, computer labs and outstanding recreation facilities including a large student lounge and tennis courts! Accessibility is made easy here with the train station just a short walk away and the tight-knit community makes Nirimba one of the best locations for the ultimate on campus experience!
- Parramatta: Parramatta is a prominent area of Western Sydney and is increasingly being recognised as a growing CBD full of potential. With a pool, outdoor gym, a decked out student lounge and plenty of outdoor spaces, the Village is the perfect place to experience the excitement of on-campus life!
- Penrith: Penrith is an established and expanding city located west of Sydney. With its beautiful rivers, lakes, proximity to national parks and adrenaline sport centres, Penrith has local attractions perfect for when you need a break from your studies! The Village itself, also has plenty of outdoor space, great for getting amongst those nice sunny days!